Customized weight management programs can help all of us who want to lose weight for personal reasons. Losing weight may also help improve our health. It can significantly reduce all risks of conditions like heart disease and type 2 diabetes. These customized weight loss programs can also lower our blood pressures and levels of total cholesterol. Moreover, these programs also relieve symptoms and prevent injuries related to being overweight.
Today, let’s know more about customized weight management programs and how they can help us reduce weight.
The Path to Improved Health and Wellness
Before understanding customized weight management programs, there are also other things we should do first before starting. Commitment to these weight loss programs is a start. Considering telling people close to us can help significantly. They can help us monitor our progress and even provide support to accomplish our customized weight management programs, holding us responsible and accountable.
There are three (3) essential facts to consider about losing weight. Here are the factors:
- Weight – Of course, for any customized weight management program, our weight is the first factor to consider for its effectiveness.
- Body Mass Index (BMI) – our BMIs are based on weight and height. Medical experts consider BMI to be the best measure of determining our health risks. Our doctors can help get our BMI, or we can even use BMI calculators available online. You can also use BMI charts for both male and female adults.
- Waist Circumference – The body fat that often collects in our stomach area is more of a health risk than fat that builds up in our thighs or buttocks. With that said, our waist circumferences can be valuable tools for our customized weight management programs. For starters, place an end of a tape measure on the top of your hip bone, then wrap the other end around your stomach. Ensure the tape measure is straight and shouldn’t be too tight or loose.
Things to Consider
When you start a customized weight management program, remember some essential things. Obstacles can make it hard to lose weight or could result in weight gain in the first place. In addition, be careful of where to get advice about your weight loss plan for it to be safe and successful.
Generally, eating fewer calories than what our body uses can be significant for us to lose weight. The foods we eat and drink contain calories, with some foods having more calories than others. Foods with high fat and sugar deposits are also high in calories. However, some foods are “empty calories,” or foods that add loads of calories to our diet but do not provide any nutritional value.
We can try taking food habit surveys for our customized weight management program. It tells us where we need to adjust and change our diet. Also, these surveys can help identify what nutrients we lack. Tips for diet program improvement include the following:
- Eat only when hunger strikes. This tip could mean having three (3) meals and one (1) snack daily. Or it can also mean five (5) to six (6) small meals spread throughout the day. If you are not hungry, try to avoid eating.
- Never skip meals. Purposely skipping meals does not result in weight loss. It can make us feel hungrier afterward. It can cause overeating or make us have poor food choices.
- Wait before getting a second helping. Try to wait at least 15 minutes before helping ourselves with another serving. It can take this long before our bodies process whether they’re still hungry or not.
- Try a variety of whole foods. For customized weight management programs to become effective, we can include various whole foods that contain dairy, lean meats, and whole grains. Choosing what fruits and vegetables to eat, try following the rainbow for diversity.
- Avoid processed foods. Eating processed foods and those high in sugar or fat can ruin our customized weight management program, so avoid them as much as possible.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Diet programs can become effective by having enough fluid intake. Select no- or low-calorie drinks, such as water or unsweetened tea.
In most instances, your doctor can refer nutrition specialists for this situation. They can quickly help with our grocery shopping and meal recipes that suit your particular needs.
Adults and children alike should regularly do physical activity. Our customized weight management program must continuously lose weight and maintain good health. Below are some helpful ways to increase our activities and burn unwanted calories:
- Add ten (10) minutes daily to your current exercise regimen.
- Challenge yourself by moving from moderate to intense workouts.
- Use the challenging stairs instead of the convenient elevator.
- Park far from your usual or walk towards your destination instead of driving yourself.
- Move more with household chores like dusting, vacuuming, or weeding.
- Walk or run your pets or with your kids, family, or friends.
- Exercise while watching TV at home.
- Stay active even on vacations. Try to do some hiking or riding bikes.
- Buy pedometers or activity trackers that help measure the steps you take each day. Increase the number of actions you do daily as time progresses.
- Limit spending time online, watching TV, and playing video games, devoting less or equal to two (2) hours daily.
Medical Conditions that Contribute to Obesity
For others, genetics can contribute to eventual weight gain. Some people may have medical conditions that make it hard to lose weight. Examples of these conditions may include:
- Carbohydrate craving syndrome
- Cushing’s disease
- Eating disorders (anorexia or bulimia nervosa)
- Hormonal disorders
- Obstructive sleep apnea
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
- Sleep disorders like insomnia
- Upper airway respiratory syndrome
Furthermore, certain medicines can also hinder practical weight loss efforts. These medications may include:
- Alpha or beta blockers for high blood pressure.
- Antihistamines for allergies.
- Insulin or sulfonylureas for diabetes.
- Lithium for manic depression.
- Neuroleptics for schizophrenia.
- Progestins for birth control.
- Tricyclic antidepressants for depression.
- Valproate for epilepsy.
Consult with experts about your customized weight management program to manage your weight expectations despite having obstacles. It can help with lifestyle changes, treatment, or even surgery. You also may find it beneficial to have support groups or counseling.
Customized weight loss programs can significantly help our journey towards weight loss. Make sure to seek assistance from legit experts in the field so that all efforts in losing weight will not be in vain. Have your customized weight loss program and become the fit and healthy person you’ve always wanted.
Do you want your own customized weight loss program? Our great friends at Couture Dentistry can help you today. Visit them now! https://couturedentist.com/